Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving

Today is Thanksgiving. I must say it's hard to celebrate this day with Jenny being in the hospital. But i will say I am extremely thankful that she is in one of the best hospitals in the nation, with the most amazing nurse today. Of course I am also thankful for my wonderful husband, and son along with the rest of my terrific family.

This morning when we first got to see Jen, she was still hurting. It's weird but it's almost like she is having contractions. she will wake up open her eyes and act like she's going to scream and squeeze your hand. Then after like 30 seconds it goes away. In a minute or two she does it again. The nurse came in and moved her around a little so she doesn't get bed sores. She put a pillow under her left butt so she was lifted a little and almost on her side. Then put a pillow between her legs. As soon as she did that, Jenny wasn't waking up in pain at all!!! I was back there for about ten more minutes and not once did she wake up hurting. It was amazing. Not only did the nurse do that but she was explaining everything to us. She was telling us that they are having a hard time getting the feeding tube to stay in place since they are still putting ointment on her face to finish healing it. She said that they need to get that tube in because the tube runs past her stomach into her intestines. Right now they are putting it into her stomach. But of course that's making her body work more. Also she wants to see if she can get to iv's in Jens hand. Right now Jenny has a central line on her left shoulder above her heart. The nurse said that it's better to have it somewhere else so that if any germs to get in they aren't getting in right above her heart. So she said today she wants to get her tube in and get it to stay, and try to get an iv in her hand. So hopefully she will be able to do both. She also said that Jenny is moving around alot which is good. She is back on morphine and not the higher medicine. She is COMPLETELY OFF HER VENTILATOR!!! YAY THAT IS A HUGE STEP!!!!! It makes me very happy to hear that. The nurse also told me that her burns are about 50% done healing to where there isn't any blisters or open sores. That is also good. They have to get her off the advair, which is what sedates her. She said once she does that and she starts waking up, that it's going to be hard because she is going to feel more and be awake. It is important that she gets off that though. They need her awake, and to get stronger so she can fight this infection. I told her I was going to bring her some turkey today. lol. Of course I'm not but I told her I would if she would wake up and eat it for me, that I'm not joking about. lol They would kill me but if she would wake up and shake her head for me I will bring her anything she wants. Her fingernails are getting long. I am going to have to paint them soon. I have a design for her nails, and a design for her toes picked out. But right now she's not being still enough for me. She would look like Talan painted them if I tried to do it right now.

I must say that it makes me feel alot better that she has this nurse. I took a picture of the nurse so later Jenny can keep it and say "this is one of my angels that took such good care of me while I was sick." The nurse came in and explained everything to my husband and I without us asking. She did say that her burns have healed soooo good, and that she must have alot of people praying for her, that she is a lucky girl. Which she is. Debi was told she will be here for a while. Probably months. I am thinking because she is going to need therapy for her arm, and her stomach muscles. And since she has been asleep for so long her mind has to wake up and get out of sleep mode.

Today is a good day for her though. Any card that Debi gets she is not opening and waiting until Jenny is awake to give them to her. If you want us to read her card let me know. Everyone we open I'm going to put on her window and tape them there. I think it would be cool to have all of them tapes up there for her to read when she gets better. I want her to wake up and just be amazed by what she sees.

I have a small tree we are going to put up tonight.

Please send her an e greeting through the hospital for thanksgiving. Thank you so much everyone! happy thanksgiving

1 comment:

Karla Carter said...

We are so thankful for Jenny's progress. God has big plans for her!! May you have a Happy Thanksgiving!