Wednesday, November 4, 2009

J997S18

This morning Jenny’s blood pressure dropped down really low. They gave her some medicine to bring it up. This caused it to go high! But high is better than low. She has pneumonia and a staff infection. They say both are common. The pneumonia is normal because the ventilator causes it. Staff is normal because it lives on your skin as it is. So when she was burned it entered that way. They are still trying to slowly wake her up. I must confess this is the scariest thing I’ve ever been through for so many different reasons. It hurts not only to see Jenny but also to see my husband like this, and mom like this. She hasn’t left the hospital once! She will barely leave to eat. This is hard on her. I cannot even imagine how I would feel if that was Talan. I would be screaming and upset and probably sleep beside him. I would have to be carried, because I don’t think I would able to walk. She is such a strong lady. But right now they are just trying to get her blood pressure up and to stay up. They are also slowly starting to wake her up. This is what I’m having the hardest time about. I wish she could stay asleep and think of vacations on a beach or something peaceful and wake up when this mess is all over. No human should have to go through the pain she is about to face. Because of all of her infections she isn't aloud to have visitors.






The Ryan family would like to thank The University of Phoenix for their support and generosity. They have set up a blood drive for Jenny, Since Jenny is having to have alot of blood. You can go to any Gulf Coast Regional Blood Drive and donate in jenny's name. Even if you don't have her blood type they will exchange the exact amount for her type. There is a code you need to donate it. J997FS18. They will have posters of Jenny at every location starting next week. They are also posting the posters at every campus they have. I feel blessed that jenny has all of the University of Phoenix team in her life. This is an amazing thing they have put together. There are many locations, so please check it out if you want to donate. From the bottom of my heart I thank you for all you have done.


Also thank you everyone who have commented, called, or send cards. This means alot to The Ryan family because we know it is going to help her when she wakes up. Jenny has a huge support group, which is exactly what she needs. I wish I could hug each and everyone of you.


Also don't forget that if you can't make it to the hospital to give her a card, you can get on memorial Herman's website and send her an e-card. The hospital prints them off and will bring them to her room. Mom is reading each one to her and posting them up in her room. I know Jenny is going to love them when she wakes up!!

I will keep y'all updated as much as I can!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Remember there is power in your words, therefore, speak positive! Have her mother read scriptures to her every day. For example.....Psalms 23.

The lord is Jenny's Shepard and Jenny shall not be in want for anything, love, peace, good health, sound mind and full recovery from this accident. For the lord our GOD lays Jenny down in greener pastures where it's full of life and healing. GOD will lead Jenny beside still waters, which means he will stop the waters because there are areas of Jenny's life that he is still working on. GOD said he would then restore Jenny's sole as though it was never broken; in fact, GOD said he would make it better than it ever was before. Yea though Jenny walks through the valley of the shadow of death, Jenny will fear no evil, for his rod and staff will comfort her. Our father will prepare a table in the presence of all of Jenny's enemies, those that said she would never be anything, those that said she couldn't, but our father said he would anoint her head with oil and Jenny shall sit at the right hand of the thrown forever.

Amen --

Anonymous said...

I called the blood bank and they said they will not give blood for blood. They said they will give vouchers (20$ in 'credit' towards how much blood units she consumes). They told me that since she was not "in the system" that her doctor has to specifically request the blood bank to transfer units donated in her name to that hospital. Maybe the one location is wrong, I will check in the morning. I am more than willing to give what I have to help her survive these tremulous obstacles.

~*JennyRyan*~ said...

That is very strange they said that. She is not in the system under her name but the code I gave. Her job is the one who set it up and as far as I know that's what they have been told. I will check into that and everyone know.

Anonymous said...

Yea, I was told that the 'group code' is just a way to track how many people have donated units for vouchers for her specifically, and not to give her units directly. I figured she would benefit more from the actual units.

Anonymous said...

Can someone post the link on here so we can send her emails? I've tried looking on the Hospital site and couldn't find it. Thanks

~*JennyRyan*~ said...

Ok go to mhhs.org and at the top click patients and you will see e greetings! You have to type her info in her first name is Virginia and room 829