Saturday, November 14, 2009

Jenny's condition

Debi has been getting alot of calls from people who are asking to come see Jen since she is awake. When I said She is starting to wake up I did not mean she knows where she is, she knows what has happened, or is actually awake. When she came into the hospital she was basically in a coma. She didn't move, not her eyes, nor any other part of her body. They have her sedation down, well they did. She is starting to move in jolts, the Dr.s say this is because she is starting to feel pain. She does try to open her eyes. But she doesn't respond when the nurses ask her to squeeze their hand, or wiggle her toes. So I guess she isn't awake. She is not lifeless anymore like before. Thisis a step up from the coma like state she was in. She is still in very critical condition. She has staff, and many infections her body is trying to fight off. Her temperature keeps going sky high and then back down. Right now her stitches on her stomach are coming open. This is a big problem. She does have an infection in her stomach. She also has an infection in her throat. That is why they need to take the tube out of her. But she is not breathing on her own to do that. We definitely over come many hurdles but still have some major ones to jump. She is in very critical condition right now with this stomach situation. I guess my other blog wasn't really clear and people were thinking she was awake, awake. I just wanted to clear that up. I try to be as honest as I can without writing anything that Jenny will see and later upset her, or anyone else. If that makes sense. If you have any questions or are confused just ask me. Talking about it actually helps me.

When Jenny has the tube out of her, is sitting up talking, and can tell us whether she wants visitors or not I promise we will let people know. But until she tells us that she wants visitors I hope everyone can understand it just being family right now.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

what happend to the pick of you and jen?

Anonymous said...

When I was on my blackberry its hard to navigate the sight and I accidently erased it I have it on my computer but as I was going through to put it back up I saw that pic of her I love it its my favorite she looks so pretty

Anonymous said...

Thank you for keeping us updated and informed.