Thursday, November 5, 2009

STEVEN JONES

This afternoon Kristen Raines sent me the phone number of the man who pulled Jenny our of the car. His name is Steven Jones. After the accident he went to a local hospital in the woodlands to treat his minor injuries. He was asking the lady treating him if he knew anything about the girl who he pulled out, and told her all about what happened. Well Kristen was telling her mom about Jenny and her mom realized it was the same accident, and he pulled JENNY out of the car. Kristen has been checking the blog regularly and knew we wanted to find out who he was, and get his phone number. Her mom called him to make sure it was OK to give me his number.

This afternoon I called him. He didn't really see what happened. But when he got up to the accident he saw her car on fire, and got out and pulled her out. Let me tell you, it was one emotional conversation. How do you thank someone for saving someone Else's life? Thank god he wasn't hurt, and thank god he was there to pull Jenny out because she would NOT be here if it wasn't for him. He is a very nice man. He is our family's guardian angel. I know mom will want to talk to him. We would all like to meet him in person. I have a voice to put with the name, now i want a face to go with his voice. I know that Jenny is going to want to thank him. I have thought about sending him a basket of food or something, but nothing seems enough. I can't come up with any ideas that seem significant enough.

The only thing I can say is Thank you. Thank you for saving Jenny's life. Thank you for being the kind of person you are. Thank you for risking your own life to save a life of a complete stranger, someone you don't know anything about. But I promise she was worth saving. You will always be an angel to our family. You should be very proud of yourself, not many people would go into a burning car to save some one's life. We need more people like you in this world! From the entire Ryan family, We thank you from the bottom of our hearts and souls. You will always hold a special spot in my heart!

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Thank the good Lord for people like Steven Jones. That man is a true hero.

Brenda Roberts said...

Thank the Lord there are still real Hero's out there in the world. This man is a true blessing to the Ryan family and Jenny's guardian angel.