Sunday, November 15, 2009

Surgery went well

Ok first I just want to let everyone know that I do sensor some of the things I write about because one day Jenny is going to ready this. So here is what happened today giving the most detail I can. Jenny's stomach is burnt bad. Her stitches from where they went in to fix her bladder will not stay closed, which is leaving her open and exposed. So today they had to take her in to surgery to removed the staples and stitches from her that had ripped. They also found a lot of pus that they drained and cleaned up. That is probably the cause of her fever and this ping pong effect she's been having. So She is still open but has this bag bubble thing around her and a drain that is draining the infection and pus from her. They will have to go in to surgery every other day or so to change that bag and clean the infection really good. This will allow her stomach time to heal. Once they see the infection is gone they will be able to put a wrap around her that will hold her stomach together, allowing the skin to grow back together. She is doing good. Right now she just needs times to heal. It's just going to take time. They are not going to try to take her off the ventilator anymore. Honestly they shouldn't have been trying to anyways. This is going to be a long recovery We want her to sleep through feeling no pain. This process with the stomach will take probably two weeks, if not longer. This has been a very hard couple of days. This problem with her stitches has slowly been happening. They were just hoping wrapping it up tight would support it enough.


I promise I will update tomorrow. Her next surgery which will be number 5 will be Tuesday. Please continue to send her letters and cards so we can read them to her. Remember she's in room number 829. We are STILL waiting on our dang bracelets to come in. As soon as they do I will probably send everyone a personal message screaming it out loud. lol. I am excited about these bracelets. I look at them as a positive thing that I'm holding on to right now.

Please continue to pray for Jen and my family. Pray for strength for Jenny's body to heal, for peace of her mind right now. And please pray for strength for my family. It is not easy seeing her like this. Everyone is very emotional right now. Please pray for god just to surround us and give us the serenity and comfort of knowing she is in good hands. As a mom just imagine being helpless. Giving your total faith to complete strangers. Leaving the life of your child in the hands of others. I know they know what they're doing but Just imagine it for one second. It's a very scary thought. Please pray for Jenny to feel no pain, and for Mom to keep her faith in others, and continue to stay as strong as she has been. I must say I have never in MY LIFE met a stronger women.


xoxoxoxo lindz

No comments: