Tuesday, November 24, 2009

What's next?...a little venting

Through this whole thing I've tried to be as truthful to myself and other people as I can yet, still be positive. Now I just want to vent a little about what's going on in my life! Friday I picked Talan up from school at 5 and he was laying on a mat while everyone else played. He was sick. He ran fever and I wasn't called. It wasn't high just 100 but still I would've picked him up and gotten a Dr. apt. Instead The office was now closed. So all day Saturday and Sunday he wouldn't eat anything, and he ran fever all weekend. Tylenol wouldn't break it. I was having to give him suppositories. So yesterday I called first thing in the morning to get an apt. First thing they had was this morning at 9. So of course he has phenomena, and a bad ear infection in his left ear. No wonder he has been waking up ever 15 mins at night. His medicine is going to be 90 dollars. And that's generic, and of course none of those are under the 4 dollar plans that most places are doing right now. At least his visit was only a co pay of 20$. Needless to say he's sick, I've gotten no sleep since Friday night, and Thanksgiving is Thursday. We will not be going to the hospital if he is sick. I am not taking a risk to pass it on to Jen. Even though Talan does not go into her room, I am not risking spreading those germs and them being passed to Jen. That is just my luck. Everything always happens to us at once. Jen's accident, My job says my mind isn't on my job two weeks later so I get let go, and that same day are key won't turn the ignition over so our car was in the shop for a week and was 400 dollars to fix, and now Talan gets sick, Thanksgiving is two days away, and Christmas is next month?!?!? I swear what is next? But to look at things on the positive side....I will get paid and be off and get to sit at the hospital with Jen now. Can anyone please tell me why It all happens at once? It's not just like one thing, It all comes tumbling down at once! I'm trying to stay positive and on top of everything. But right now I just want to scream out loud!!!! But it's not about me right now. It's about my son, and about Jenny.

Jen is still doing good. They are just waiting for this infection to go away so they can close her up. That's when the actual recovery process will start. She is going to have a long tough road ahead but I know Jenny is a strong positive person that can overcome anything she sets her mind to. She has a lot of people behind her supporting her. I'm just ready for her pain to be gone. I wish I was magic and could just snap my fingers. Wouldn't powers like that be amazing in situations like this?

Anyways, Jen is doing good. I'm loosing my mind and about to go crazy. And thanksgiving is Thursday just for people who have a crazy life like mine and need a reminder. I just keep saying to myself "God never gives you more than you can handle." and "Everything happens for a reason." Over and over to convince myself. Is my life the only one who things like this happen? I feel like I could right a book. It would be long, and people would probably think it was funny and made up because things like, the toilet overflowing because my son stuck a ghost that goes on the end of a pencil down the toilet. I'm not joking. Maybe I should write that book. Writing is my escape, and my crazy life would make a funny book, and probably make people feel better about theirs. lol. At least I have a great son (although he's the most active child I've ever seen, and keeps me on my toes), and a wonderful husband (who I argue with more than anyone else in the world, But also understands me, and loves me more than anyone else in the world.) < I love him too I guess. lol just joking. I couldn't ask for a better partner to face life with. I am very blessed. I guess you can't have the good without the bad right? So i must have a lot of really good thins then.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

sweet Lindsey, hang in there! this is a terrible time, but we will get through. take good care of Talan and get some rest for yourself, too. love, cathy

Anonymous said...

i agree...its God's way of making u take a step back, be there for ur son, and take extra good care of urself, cos if ur not healthy, wat good will u be to ur family? relax, give ur son all the attention he needs right now to get him well, and jen is thinking thre same thing!!! God will get u thru this.

its been a ruff year for me and mine too, in much differnt ways, but there have been some extreme situations in the last 16 months, and i wonder... crap - what else can go wrong? and i have a good cry, pick myself up, dust off my butt, and keep going forward. its all u can do. keep smiling...Jen needs ur positivity and God is watching! much love to u and urs this thanksgiving!

carol mckinney
cbmckinney99@yahoo.com

~*JennyRyan*~ said...

Thank you Carol and Cathy. All I Need to do is vent, have john and Talan give me a big hug and i feel better. I am staying positive for Jen, and taking things one at a time for her and my family. Thanks for the uplifting words. It makes it easier hearing those things.

Anonymous said...

You instantly become super woman when you give birth ! You can do it! Not to mention, think of all the things your son is learning right now by watching how strong Mom is and how she can do a million things at once ! I know everyone ask what they can do to help, but sometimes there isn't anything anyone can do! I admire you and and it will all get better in time !

- Sara