Monday, November 23, 2009

Jenny's Angels

Today I received an email by a lady named Ann. She, along with Mr. Jones, stopped to help Jenny on the night this whole nightmare started. She is the lady who called 911. I must say, Jenny had a lot of Angels looking after her that night. May god bless them in BIG ways. I can't think of a thank you big enough for them both.

Jenny had another surgery today. They were just doing their every day routine cleaning of her stomach to get read of that infection. That's something that sounds weird...every day routine surgery. I never thought I would be using those words together to describe anyone I Love's day. Everything went good. Now to just get her stomach closed and her skin growing good. She is back on the ventilator. She is doing great breathing on her own, but it is making her stomach muscles work extra hard. They put her on a higher pain medicine, but it does sedate her a little. Honestly, It makes me happy to know that. I cannot imagine being in her place. I can't imagine what is going through her mind right now. To wake up and be confused, and in pain at the same time. Her mind has been in "sleep mode" for so long. My heart just aches for her. I can promise you this, it hurts me just as much to see her like that. I just want to hug her and cry and tell her how it's going to be all OK. That the road ahead is going to be really tough but that she has no idea how many people are behind her, supporting her. When she wakes up and does understand what's going on, I can't wait to see her reaction to
"Jenny's Angels."

Thursday is Thanksgiving. We are having it up at the hospital. I can't cook a turkey, so we're ordering one. But Nick and I are making all the sides...Yeah this should be good. We're just gonna wheel it up in a wagon. I just wish Jenny would be up and could participate in some way. I am sure she is ready for some dang food and not food from a tube. I hate to even begin to think about Christmas. Every night Talan asks about Jenny's Boo boos. How do I even begin to explain that to him? There are just so many things I to think about that never once crossed my mind until this horrific incident.

Anyways, her surgery went well. She is on the ventilator, just a little sedated, and doing as good as she could be in this situation.

Please continue to send her E greetings. Virginia Ryan room 316 Memorial Herman hospital.

No comments: