Sunday, December 20, 2009

"love is the best medicine so drink it up Jenny"

I know it has been a while since I've updated. I'm sorry about that. I haven't been up to see her a lot lately, because John has been working so much in Brenham. I saw Jenny today. It was a rough day for her. She hasn't been resting well. Today she was finally settling down and then the physical therapist came in to work with her. Jenny was irritated. The therapist was trying to get her to move her left arm up and down and get her to make a fist with her left hand. Jenny was kind of out of it. She was telling the therapist things like "There have been 5 people in here today messing with me. Come back when I am awake, not now. I can do it, I don't need to show you I can. My friends come in here and do that, I don't need you to do it. This isn't your house get out and leave me alone. Why are you doing this to me? Why?" None of that was true. She hadn't ran fever, and no other therapist had been in messing with her. She really doesn't have any sense of time though. she told me today she had been in the hospital for 4 days. She also told me to guard and lock that f***ing door so that crazy lady couldn't come harass her again. She wanted me to get scissors and cut those dang things off. (her tubes and the things that hold them in). She has this thing that is like a breathing treatment that goes on her trachea tube that keeps her throat moisturized. she wanted me to cut "her necklace off". lol. After she settled down I sat by her and held her hand and told her I locked her door and put something in the way to keep that "crazy lady" out, that calmed her down a lot. She rested well after that. I know she probably does have so many people coming in and out, giving her medicine and changing her bandages, and sheets. People giving her baths and tending to her. I know she is tired. We really didn't talk about much else. Since she isn't exactly ....um coherent I guess, she says some funny things.

When the therapist was in there and she was saying she was just tired and it hurt, I had to step out. It was hard to see her actually have to go through something physical, and to hear her tell us how tired she was and how much it hurt. Each day is a new day, and it varies day to day. But I will tell everyone this, she watches and listens for her door like a hawk. She does not like her angels at the hospital right now. One day she is going to look back and thank them so much for this!!! I can picture her now walking into the hospital with a smile on her face to thank each nurse and doctor who helped save her life, and make it normal again.

She told John she wanted him to climb in bed with her today. I think once she is rested and a little more aware of everything she will definitely want visitors. Right now she is just so tired and wants to rest. She wants to just be left alone by everyone. She is saying a lot of things she doesn't mean to the people around her because she is hurting and tired and, well, grumpy right now. We all know she doesn't mean them, but I know it would be hard for some of y'all since you haven't seen her and then for some of the first things that come out of her mouth to be "mean". We still have no time frame on when she will be out of the hospital or what the next steps are. They have her mask for her face. They make every burn patient wear one. I am not quite sure what it does, something for her skin I'm sure. She told me today they make her wear it all day. They aren't really treating any burns anymore, just her legs where they are still doing the skin graphs from. And of course her stomach. she was coughing today and it didn't seem to bother her as much as it did before. Day by day she is improving, even if it's inch by inch. I am ready for her to be whole again. And by that I mean inside and out. I was organizing her E greetings today and reading them as I went and one of them had this Quote in it "love is the best medicine, so drink it in Jenny." I thought it was a perfect saying. I am sure I will see Jenny a lot this week, so I will be sure to update every time I see her or hear something new.

Thank you for all of your support, donations, prayers, letters, cards, and everything everyone has done for Jenny and my family. I am still in the process of sending out thank you cards.

We have ordered a shipment of bracelets for the University of Phoenix team a while ago. They still have not come in. As soon as they do we will be delivering them to everyone that ordered one at the Christmas breakfast that day. Also if anyone still hasn't gotten one that wants one please just let me know. Also if you want to make a donation to her account just save the deposit slip and I'll send you a bracelet. If you have already deposited money and didn't save it just let me know how much you donated so I can look at the account and I'll send you one too.

Keep fighting Jenny, because we're all right there with you, ( not on the side lines) cheering you on, running this race with you to the finish line. Even if we have to pick you up and carry you.

No comments: