Friday, December 25, 2009

A long Post....Merry Christmas






Merry Christmas to all my Jenny's Angels. I hope everyone has had a happy holiday with your family and friends.

Ok, Jenny is awake and coherent. She doesn't say strange things so often anymore. She is aware of everything now. She has been moved to a Triumph hospital downtown. It is a long term hospital. She is there because of her stomach wound. There are pros and cons to her being there. Mom has a fold up bed in her room, so she'll be able to stay the night with her. I think she is going to start traveling back and forth at a couple days at a time, that way she won't have to live at the hotel. (not that she isn't appreciative for it.) This hospital is great for getting people well and out of there. Now the con. The staff is a little rougher than the staff at Memorial Herman. I guess the staff has to push the patients to get them better, but Jenny is very stressed right now and fragile. Plus, she's our Jenny and of course we want her to have the best care possible. I got to decorate her room for her. She hasn't seen it yet. She is still in a temporary room. They will be moving her later today. She is allowed visitors, and noone has to dress up like at the hospital. Jenny does not want visitors yet, this is coming directly from her mouth.


When she woke up she was asking mom a lot of questions. She asked if she hurt anyone. She asked how long she had been asleep. She was amazed when we told her over 40 days. She told us she was sorry for ruining christmas. We told her she didn't ruin it, she made it complete because she was still with us and awake. She asked how everyone was feeling emotionaly about her accident. We told her we were scared we were going to loose her, and we were sad because she hurt. She said she was sorry for putting us all through that. Mom told her she didn't have to appologize for anything, she did nothing wrong. She looked at her arm and said it was ugly. Mom told her no it's not, it's not done healing. she looked at her other arm and said "it's only one arm? Man that was lucky." That made me happy that she was looking on the bright side. She asked if she got a tatoo on her stomach. lol. We told her no, and explained what happened. She is kind of able to see her wound, but can't completely see it because she isn't really sitting up right now. They have no bandage on her stomach, no gause, nothing. It needs to air for a couple of days. As soon as she starts eating food she can have her all the tubes in her nose taken out. Right now she doesn't feel like eating, but that's because the medicine she is taking makes it hurt if you don't eat with it. She had all her Iv's out, until last night. They had to start giving her antibiodics through the IV because it would upset her stomach more if they gave it to her oraly. but hey one IV is still good to me. She is dehydrated so they are having a hard time getting it in, and getting it to stay. She is very blunt right now. If you're bothering her, she tells you. She told us straight up she doesn't want visitors. I think that is because she is worried about the way she looks. She hasn't asked for a mirror to see her face. She doesn't have on her glasses to actually see everything with good vision. That is probably a good thing though, because her wounds are still in the recovery process and are going to look a lot better when they are completely healed than they do now. She asks about Talan a lot. She gets really emotional though. I told her everytime we pray before we eat we say this prayer.....

"God is good. God is great. Let us bless him for this food, and God bless Jenny's boo boos. And thank you for our daily bread. Amen."

The shipment of bracelets have come in. So the people who are waiting for them...they are on their way. I am sorry it took this long to get here.

NOW MY BENEFIT COOK-OFF IDEA

I have an idea I want everyone's opinion on. Well, I'm going to do it no matter what, so I guess I'm asking for everyone's help. I am putting together a Benefit Cook-Off for Jenny. The University of Pheonix (the campus in the woodlands off Rayford/sawdust) is in the process of getting it approved to have it there in the parking lot. Here is my vision for it. Of course we would have food. Bar B Que, hamburgers, hotdogs...etc. Each plate and drink would be like 7 dollars. Then we would have a table set up to sell all of the Jenny's Angels Gear. Her bracelets, the stickers that are being made, and these bottle cap necklaces I am having made. I am going to post pictures of them. They are super cute. I would also pre order some shirts to be sold too. Then there would be an art table set up. Everyone ,including the kids, could make a card or poster for Jenny. We would have glitter, and paper and sciccors and all that good stuff to make everything look pretty. I wouldn't charge for that of course. Next, I was thinking that I could get people to donate some baked goods. Like cakes, cookies, brownies, special food you make and sell it at another table. I also thought that I could get people to donate stuff for raffle baskets. If I didn't get enough stuff for that I would just put some together myself. I have a couple different basket Ideas.

A Wine basket one that would have a bottle of wine with two wine glasses, a wine opener, and maybe some kind of dessert in it.

A Jenny's Angels basket that would have one of every Jenny's Angels gear we have.

A movie baset that would have a couple of movies with some popcorn, and candy, and maybe a movie gift card in it.

A coffee basket that would have a variety of coffees, some mugs, and something like muffins in them.

A hair product basket, that would just have a bunch of hair products in it, and some beauty products in it with it.

A candle basket with different candles and candle holders and lighters and stuff that goes with that.

We would sell raffle tickets, and everyone could buy as many as they wanted and put them in the drawing for what ever basket they wanted or as many as they wanted.


And lastly I would rent tables for 50 dollars to people who wanted to sell things. For instance if you have your own jewelry business, you can sell your jewelry, or candles or whatever it is you want to sell.

Every cent made will go in Jenny's benefit fund for her medical expenses, and for her futre plastic surgery she will need.

Now this is the part I need help. I am asking everyone to pull their connects to help me with a couple things. I need help getting food. Really anything will do. I need people to donate bakery items like I listed above. I need donations for the raffle baskets. Anything, even if it's not for one of the ones listed above, those were just some suggestions. I need drink donations. And I need anyone with a connection to a local band, radio station (would be amazing), or that has a sound system with a mic. (I could just hook up the radio lol). I also need volunteers to help work each table with me. I am shooting to have this event on February 6th. I need all the help I can get. So please everyone help me. I am going to need a lot of help on this. Even if it's just baking a cake, or helping me make flyers. This is going to be a huge project. Also please help me with donations. Pass the blog link to everyone you know and ask everyone you know for help. she is going to need this money for her plastic surgeries in the future, as well as therapy after she is home.

If you have any suggestions on anything let me know. I have never done anything like this before, so I need all the help I can get. At this point I am begging. Please call me with any ideas, donations, or info you have for me. 832 813 9669 or lindznbrooks@yahoo.com.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thank you Lindsey, your fundraising idea is great! sign us up to contribute! your ideas for supporting Jenny are wonderful. much love, cathy

Lauren Doak said...

it sounds like a great idea to me. count me in to help!