Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Back in the Shock Trauma ICU..new room number 316 for now

Jenny made it through her surgery last night. I use those words because, no so surgery didn't go well. They had to cut away the infection from a needed organ. She is very critical. She is back in Shock trauma ICU. She is in room 316 right now. We are not sure if she will have her old room number back when she gets back into the burn unit. So for now send her E-greetings to 316. Tomorrow she has two surgeries. They are going to do a tracheotomy. It's not going to effect her vocal cords. She is breathing on her own. So instead of taking the tube out, then putting it back in and irritating her throat again, they'll just be able to hook the cords up to it. I think that makes 5 or 6 surgery. In about two weeks. I know I am being kind of vague right now. I just want everyone to understand that I am trying to please everyone right now. I don't' want to write anything the family thinks is too personal. We don't want Jenny to wake up, read these things, and be angry or embarrassed they were posted. I want to keep everyone informed and updated though. I hope everyone understands. I will say this, yesterday when they first saw her and knew she would have surgery they thought the infection was a much worse infection. An infection that isn't curable. She doesn't have that infection. That is a positive thing. We have to focus on the positive. Jenny's face looks great. Her eyes are the only thing that needs to heal. And those look great. Daddy john looked got to see her left arm today. He said it looks great where they did her skin graphs. They have changed her pain medicine to morphine. One they get past these two surgeries her recovery should be quicker. They took her toe nail polish off. She is going to have a cow when she wakes up and her toes aren't painted. In a magazine they had this really pretty design that I am going to try to attempt to paint on her once the nurses give me the go ahead. She's going to love it. We have sold out of our first 60 bracelets. We already have another order being shipped to us. I made a shirt today (with the help of my sister and my best friend Lyndsey). It says Jenny's Angels on the front with angel wings on the back and a bible verse that says "Be strong and courageous. do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the lord your god will be with you wherever you go" Joshua 1:9 I thought it was pretty perfect for her situation. I was thinking of having shirts made. I know everyone has been so supportive with the bracelets. This has inspired me so much. I want to turn this into a huge charity to help burn victims. I am sure there are ones out there, non that I know at the top of my head. I think that would be an amazing gift for Jen, to have a charity in her name, being able to help others. I just have no idea how to do that. I don't think people understand the emotional, and physical pain and healing burn victims have and need. I am trying my best to be supportive in every way I can think of. I know she would be doing the same thing for me. I will update tomorrow after her surgeries. Sorry it took so long to update this time. I have literally been going crazy running around getting stuff done.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please order more. I was waiting for the email to come saying the bracelets are ready. Hey how can people that are at different campuses get one? Due to time constraints, we can't come to the WD campus during the day. Any suggestions? I know many other folks want a bracelet or t-shirt. Thanks

Anonymous said...

"Where hope grows, miracles blossom."

Lauren Doak said...

i wasn't able to get a bracelet with the first order. can i get one this time? also, the shirts are a GREAT idea! please make them!