Friday, November 20, 2009

Day 22

Today is day 22. 22 days this nightmare is going on. They have brought in Dr. Duke in?! I don't know who he is, but John has heard of him. He is famous? Well he did Jen's surgery today. they had to go and connect somethign that they had clamped and had unconnected. So they were waiting for the swelling to go down to connect it again. So as long as she doesn't swell and tear those stitches or tear again we will be better. Her body has White Blood Cells again. So she is fighting this infection. So this weekend is kind of a wait and see. She needs to not swell and tear, and keep fighting this infection and making more and more white blood cells. I know she can do this. I am counting on her. Today we went and saw a movie I've had tickets for since September. New Moon. In the movie it shows the main character after the love of her life leaves her. I am shamed to say I cried. Because I love many people that much. I could sympathize with this caracter. Although I do not love Jenny in that way, she is my family, my friend,and my sister. I am in a situation where at any second my life and family could be ripped apart by the seems at any second. Just to see someone suffer that much because they lost someone they loved so much (in any way). It's unnatural. It's unnatural for a mother to have to watch their child go through this. In so many ways does my heart ache. To see someone I care about in this situation, to see my mother in law break down like this, to see a mother watch her baby go through this, as a part of this family, one human being watching another in this situation, watching my husband hurt so much and be able to do nothing to help, and for my son. To think about all the time robbed from him that he has with his auntie Jenny. Is that unfair I think of all that? And then at the same time my heart smiles when I see everyone come together, and help out. But then I think of the reason and weep again. There are so many mixed emotions involved. It's draining the up and down of it all. One minute I want to cry, and scream out of frustration, and then the next I get a reassuring email and feel inspired again. I am tired of my heart literally aching. It has been 22 days and she hasn't been awake. Well not where she responds to their commands like squeeze their hand, wiggle your toes. If this weekend goes well they will be trying soon though. She has just needed some rest and sleep. She has to be tired with everyone going in there every five minutes to do this, or test that right? Every time we eat Talan tells us to pray for Jenny's boo boos. If only things were as simple as the way kids view the world. I can't wait for Jenny to wake up because I'm going to read her Newmoom. Then we are going to watch the movie together. I am also still going to paint her toe nails. I have a different design picked out for her fingers. lol.

We got our 100 bracelets in. If you want a Jenny's angels bracelet remember to send me a check.

21518 Greenham dr.
Spring, tx 77388

I will keep fighting Jen if you will.

3 comments:

Karla Carter said...

Dr. Red Duke is HUGE in Texas as a Trauma Surgeon!! If she has him, she is in VERY good hands! What a blessing!! You are all in our continued prayers!!

~*JennyRyan*~ said...

Red Duke is who has taken over her case. The people at the desk told Jen's parents that he doesn't come out and talk to anyone but that the other Dr.s would come and tell them how the surgeries went. So after the other Dr.s came out and talked to Debi they went downstairs. When they came back the people at the desk told them that Red duke came out to talk to them. Then another time he was checking on Jenny personally and they were down stairs again. After that they gave her a pager to wear at all times, so she won't miss him again. He is doing her next surgery and staying in town just to handle her case. She is very blessed to have him take on her case, especially this personally

Anonymous said...

I have not seen the Ryan's in some year's but at one point I knew them all pretty well. I am saddened to hear about what has happened to Jenny. I remember her as having one of the biggest smiles you have ever seen. It seems as though she has many people pulling for her and that will get her through this. I pray for god to watch over her and the rest of the family. C