Monday, November 9, 2009

She likes talking about Christmas

I am sorry I wasn’t able to update yesterday. I got to see Jen yesterday. She is doing well. She has been sedated since Friday from her surgery. She has another surgery on Tuesday, so they’re not really trying to take her off sedation until after that surgery. When I was in there yesterday I was talking to her about Christmas, which is our family’s favorite holiday. I was telling her how she had to be better by then so we could go look at Christmas lights. I told her that if she wasn’t I would just have to decorate her room with lights, and she would probably be irritated with them because she wouldn’t be able to sleep. I was telling her I was going to have to wrap presents by myself so next year she’s on her own. I was holding her hand, and she started to squeeze it tight. She was trying to push her tube out of her mouth and talk to me. Of course I was freaking out telling her “its ok Jen just relax I’ll help you next year wrap presents I was just kidding.” Lol and I was trying to rub her hair to comfort her. She reached up for my hand. My heart just sank. There is nothing in this world compared to the feeling of a loved one in that type of situation reaching out for you. She loves hearing Aunt Patty talk. I don’t blame her. She does have a very calming voice. But Jenny tends to wake up and tries to talk. I was never in the room with Debi at the same time, but Aunt Patty says she really responds to her. Yesterday her nurse was a guy named Jason. Jenny is going to love him when she wakes up. He is a hoot. He washed her hair and combed it out. I just can’t wait for Jenny to meet him. Aunt Patty was joking and asked him if we could just hire him as her full time nurse. Lol. They were having some problems with her stitches but Tuesday they’re going to take care of that. Yesterday I sat beside her and read EVERY SINGLE letter anyone has sent her. Some of them were very touching and made me cry. When I was finished and stood to put them up, she had tears coming from her eyes. So she is awake and does hear us. She keeps pushing her Bite plate out of her mouth, which sounds just like stubborn Jen. So after her surgery Tuesday they are going to try to take the tube out completely. I can not wait for that day! As soon as she is awake, Mom is going to ask her if she wants visitors. We don’t want to do anything that she is going to wake up and be mad at us for. We don’t know how she’s going to respond or feel when she wakes up so for now just family. We want to respect Jenny, and what she wants. Since she isn’t awake we are going to wait until she tells us what she wants on visitors. I hope everyone understands.

They are saying that she is healing really well though. Even her stomach which is 3rd degree has these little bumps (IDK what they’re called) but that is good and she won’t have to have skin graphing there, and the same with her face. Today we got Jenny’s account all set up. The only thing that is left is for mom to sign the papers and Aunt Patty takes them back to the bank. Her account is going to be with Wells Fargo. And the name is going to be Virginia Ryan Benefit fund. As soon as the papers are turned in the account will be all set up.

I also wanted to remind people of two things. Starting today, Jenny’s picture and story are on posters at each of the Gulf Coast Regional Blood Drive. You can donate blood in her name. Many people have donated so far. So many in fact Jenny does not need it all and is able to give it to others. I know Jenny would appreciate this so much since she’s such a giving person. So please give for Jenny.

Also I have ordered Bracelets for Jen. They say Jenny’s Angels on them. They are five Dollars each, and will go into her benefit fund account. Also if you donate just send me a copy of the receipt and I will send you a bracelet for free. We all have been praying for Jenny, and supporting her in so many different ways. When she wakes up I want her to see all of the angels she has surrounding her, to see all of the angels that have supported her and pushed her through this tough time. I think this will be an awesome thing for Jenny to wake up and see. Please let me know if you want a bracelet. I only ordered 60 to start.

Mom wants me to tell everyone how appreciative she is of everything everyone has done. She told John she wishes she was better at expressing her feelings and could tell everyone how everyone’s help has made her feel. One day we will find a way to thank each and every one of you. Thank you for your prayers, but most of all your letters. Those are really what are going to mean the most to Jenny when she wakes up.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i read ur posts every day --- ur words of her progress are awesome and im continually keeping her in my prayers... god bless u all

carol mckinney
cbmckinney99@yahoo.com

debi said...

Its tuesday am,I want to take a minute and thank you ,all
of you for the love you have giving my girl .There is no one word that could tell you how i feel!!

Karla Carter said...

The Ryan family is in our prayers. God is good ALL the time! Have faith and know Jenny will be healed. Give God the glory!!