Tuesday, November 3, 2009

some bad news

This morning we received some bad news. Her blood work shows she has an infection. This is really bad because her body is still in shock and can't fight this off. They think its in her lungs from the smoke damage. Since Saturday she has had a tube draining all the char smoke from her lungs. It looks so weird to just see all that black junk being drained from her. They are going to put her isolation. They tried to wake her up today and she was non responsive and couldn't breathe on her own. She is running a fever. have been praying for a fast recovery with little scars when I should have just been praying she makes it through no matter how long it takes. I swear I don't know what my family and I are going to do If she doesn't make it. Who is going to stay up with me late on Christmas eve drinking and rapping presents last minute? Who is gonna pass out Christmas presents the next day? Whose going to help me stuff moms stocking? Every holiday Jen mom and I share a bottle of wine or some girly drink. We all end up staying up late just laughing and hanging out. Jenny is the best aunt anyone could ask for. When she has talan she is so devoted to only him. I have never really had to buy him toys or clothes because her and mom are always spoiling him. We have Jens ipod in her room and on so she can hear her music. She loves music. There isn't a day that goes by that I haven't seen her without her ipod. Why did this happen to her? Why is she the one chosen to suffer through this? She is one of the most giving, bubbly, caring person I know. She is so smart and has so much more to accomplish. She has so many friends that she loves so much. And her family....she loved her mom. They had spats just like every other mother and daughter but also had a connection and relationship most people envy. she loves her brothers. And she is still daddy's lil girl. My prayer is that she wakes up, that she begins breathing on her own. I pray god gives her body the strength and nutrients to heal and fight this. Please give the doctors the knowledge and medicine to treat her. Please take this infection from her body. And lastly while she sleeps make her have good dreams that keep her peaceful. I know she has the strength to over come this. She has to! She just has to!!!

8 comments:

Heather Holland - Dolphin said...

Is she back in ICU? Do yall need anything ....homemade food, blankets, anything at all - I work downtown and can bring you stuff from your house if you need anything there.
Xs n Os to Jenny

~*JennyRyan*~ said...

Thanks i appreciate it. She isn't in IcU because they want her burns taken care of the right way. But they are really worried about this infection!

Hope Peralez said...

Lindsey,
Do you need anything? I know that some food may do the family well. let me know. I am willing to make a chicken noodle cassarole.

I am going to be here should you need anything.

I pray to god that he help her and her family get through this time in her life. With as less pain as possible.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE LET ME KNOW SHOULD YOU NEED ANYTHING!!!!!

Paige King Commander said...

I hope I can bring some comfort to you and the rest of the family by quoting some scripture. I have seen a lot in my life and this verse always seems to remind me that I'm not in control and to trust in Him.
"Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." -Philippians 4:6-7
Please let me know if there's anything I can to to help.

Mark Santelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Santelia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mark Santelia said...

Lindsey, I will donate blood in Jenny's name at a Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center tomorrow. Thanks for keeping us posted. You have my nightly prayers for Jenny.

Sincerly, Mark Santelia (CEL Woodlands)

Anonymous said...

I will be praying for you Jenny as well as her family, my heart goes out to you all! God heals, know that and stay in prayer! I will pass the word on for those that are able and willingto donate blood. Please keep us all posted through this site! You are right we can do ALL things through Christ who strengthens us!