Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Expecting a miracle nothing less

Today we got some good news. Jenny is stable, and for the most part done with major surgeries. She of course will have a couple more skin graphs, and they will continue doing cleanings on her stomach, but they are doing it in her room instead of the operating room. So she is able to move out of STICU. She will either be on a long term therapy floor, or back to the burn unit. She is on a morphine drip, and they have to get her off that first. They say everything is moving along like it should though. Her stomach is going to take a long time to heal, like maybe a year. But it is under control. They are able to change the dressing, and wash it out right there in her bed. That is an improvement from HAVING to go to the OR. She doesn't act like her stomach is causing her pain really. She lifts her left arm more, while making a hurt face than anything else. She also opens her eyes really wide and blinks while opening her mouth. I think she does this, not out of pain, but because her face is healing and the skin is tight. When she wakes up I'm going to tell her that if she wanted a microderm abrasion that bad we would've found her a way to get it, she did it the hard way. lol. Her face is amazingly better. I cannot imagine that the nurses in the burn unit were telling us just 7 weeks ago not to put pictures of her up because she will never look like that again. Boy were they wrong. Because of everyones prayers, she is going to look the same, and she IS going to get past this, and be a stronger person that will see how much she has inspired other people, and how big of a difference she has made just by her presence in everyone lives. Something great will come of this. I believe god has a very big plan for Jenny. I am excited to see God work through her. I also can't wait for those stupid nurses to see her again. They were wrong, and I hope they don't discourage the next family that they treat. The next family might not have as much faith, prayers, and support ours does. I have said it from the beginning that I'm expecting a miracle nothing less.

Hopefully, now that she won't have to have surgery so much (a.k.a.-all this medicine) she will wake up a lot more now. She has had anesthesia every other day or so because she has had surgery. I know from experience when I have had surgery that recovering I sleep the rest of the actual day I have surgery, and the next day. Well if she's having surgery every other day how is she ever supposed to be awake? I know these next couple of days are going to be tough when they wing her off the morphine, but I'm excited to see what happens when we get past this point. And good news to everyone, when she wakes up, where she is truly awake and understands, she can decide if she wants visitors. I hope everyone understands why we want her to make this decision. The nurse told us today that she will not remember anything until she wakes up. She won't remember any of STICU, or being in the burn unit. She sleeps. So people coming to see her would be for their benefit not hers. Also with her stomach being open and now having a bacteria infection there, it's best to keep the number of people that come in and out low. We don't want people coming up there just to see what she looks like. I know that might sound harsh, but unfortunately there are people like that. I will look out for my family first and before everyone else. We don't want her to be gauged at. We want her to be comfortable with having people see her, and also who she wants to see her. We are not trying to be mean, or keep people away, but we want her to be ok with every decision we make for her and since we weren't sure we'll let her decide.

So in the next couple of days we have a lot of changes about to happen. I will keep everyone updated every step of the way. I will also let people know her new room number when she gets moved.

God can move mountains, and part seas and he's going to work through Jenny to accomplish something amazing.

No comments: