Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Jenny to mom>>>i love you!

Today Jenny mouthed "I love you" twice to mom! I heard this and pure jot, hope, and love shot through my body! We are slowly getting our Jenny back. The bond a mother has with their child is amazing. And mom has been by Jenny's side every day. She has put her life on hold for Jen. Her days are filled with dressing in gowns and gloves, watered down coffee, and expensive cafeteria food. She has sat by daughter through every crisis, every surgery, every bad day, and every good day. She hasn't been able to touch her daughter without a glove on in over a month. She sat by her side in her room after every surgery, even though they had to heat her room to extreme heat. She sat there sweating, burning up with that plastic gown and gloves on. She never once has complained about doing it, or the fact that her stomach is in knots every day from stress. She tells me, I have to deal with it and not complain look at what Jenny is going through. She has been supportive, encouraging, and more than I have seen from any other mom before. She has watched over ever tube they put in, every medicine injected, and ever bandage changed. This women has been more than incredible. I am very blessed to have such an inspiring women to take notes from. She has blown me out of this water. Jenny is very lucky to have had her growing up and especially during this time in her life. Jenny I love you. Mom you have amazed me and surpassed every expectation I have had for any mother in your situation. I love you. Thank you for being such a great mother, and such a great teacher for me to learn from. You have given me strength through all of this.

1 comment:

cathy said...

thank you for this great news! love,cathy