Sunday, January 10, 2010

Jenny is needing prayers

I know it has been a while since I've updated everyone. I am sorry. i have just had a lot going on with the holidays and everything.


Jenny has been moved from the Triumph hospital back to memorial hermann. She is in ICU. She went for a visit to memorial Hermann on Thursday. The Dr.s said her wound was not being taken care of like it was supposed to be. They had to peel the scab off and start over. Then on Thursday night she was trying to use the restroom and something popped out and started bleeding really bad. They transferred her to memorial Hermann yesterday. Turns out it was her bowel that had popped out. It is swollen and if it swells anymore it will bust. If it busts there is nothing they can do and she'll die. The Dr's said that there is a 90% chance it will bust.

This is so hard for me to grasp. She has been doing so well. She is awake and talks. Friday Talan got to see her at the Triumph hospital before they moved her. It was an emotional encounter. I have been afraid for Talan to see her and be scared. Or say things that might bother her. But her went in there and gave her a kiss, and talked to her like she is the same jenny she has always been. She does look different and her arm does look bad. It touched me heart that my son can understand something so complex. It's like no matter what she looked like he would've still acted the same. I was very proud of him. He understands that she was in a wreck, and has BO Bo's on her face. He was so sweet. He asked her if she felt better. He told her when she gets better and gets out of bed he wants to play baseball with her. I stood back and watched...and cried. It lifted her spirits to see him. And he was so excited he got to see his aunt Jenny. At first she was feeling anxious about the move, and everyone coming in and out. But then I think she realized she wanted to see him. That must have been tough on her. She hasn't picked up a mirror since she woke up. She doesnt want to. I think she is scared. So for her to open up and let someone ,especially who might say things that could hurt her feelings, in to see her was a big risk for her. I didn't know if I was ok with him seeing her for both him and her, but I am glad he got to. I am surprised he was ok with getting that close and giving her multiple kisses. Like I said I am proud of him.


But right now Jenny is fighting a battle. She needs all of us to be praying for her, for her strength, peace, and for god to take over and heal her. For the doctors to have the knowledge and equipment, for her family to have peace and strength to be there for her, and for her to have the energy to beat this. Everyone please pray for jenny. she is needing it right now.

I will keep everyone updated. We are waiting to hear from the doctor and his team.

1 comment:

Heather Holland - Dolphin said...

I know the surgery went well, but I saw on Johns FB that her colon actually ruptured....is that true - are there new complications? Nick was saying it was her intestines. Can you clarify what the situation is please.